Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dying to Dye!

I have taken a few dyeing classes over the last year abouts.  I love it.  There is much to learn and I have not had much practice in the workings of all the techniques.  When the opportunity to attend the workshop that Ann Johnston is teaching I jumped at the chance!  It is a four day workshop beginning tomorrow that explores the process of black.

I have spent most of today rounding up supplies and finding things that can achieve texture and things that keep the dye contained.  I have no idea what to expect in this workshop.  But whatever it is I am so looking forward to doing it.
Maybe it will be a process paper! 

Here are some of the things that will work for texture...............

and here are some of the creative thinking ideas I had, a dog's brush with two types of bristles, some foam brushes and some regular paint brushes.  A Kitchen scrubby.  A sea sponge. 

My creativity will be tested among the very creative people I will be sharing this weekend with, that is for sure.  Next week I will show you what great works of art I have accomplished!  LOL. 

glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!