Thursday, December 23, 2010

Houses for the Virtual Quilting Bee at Bumble Beans

For the month of January Lynn has chosen houses as her block.  She wanted them bright and beautiful and modern and wild.  I made three wild, modern, bright houses for her.

I like this one because it is so busy.  It reminds me of a circus tent.  I found that fence block in my scrap pile.  It came from the Lighthouse Quilt that Frank carries around in his van with him.  He shows it to everyone who asks about his wife.

This one was a bit of a mistake.  It was supposed to be a pretty cool orange house sitting against a mountain.  But instead it looks like a weird orange house inside of a mountain.  Not sure what to do with that, but I guess it is what it is!



 Now I really liked this one.  A bit more sedate, it is a wonderful place I would like to live in myself.  It has dogs and cats living in it, which is the perfect place to live anyway.  And the flowers in the front yard are happily blooming away with smiles on their faces!  And the sky is clear blue with no clouds in sight.  And the house is brick to withstand the hurricanes that might blow a lesser house away.  I like this one!

glen:  Lynn is getting some really great houses from the other 10 people.  It should be a fabulous quilt!  I am certainly lusting after it already.  Check them out at:
http://www.15minutesplay.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!