Saturday, January 1, 2011

one dash one dash one one and Inspiration

On this first day of 2011, I feel inspired.  My day was packed with things I needed to do, things I must do, things I HAD to do, and I am still reeling from this deathly illness where John Travolta is sitting on my chest.  (Have you noticed how much weight he has gained recently???)

So I was feeling non-inspired earlier.    Then someone said today is 1-1-11 and I perked up.

Not only that, I have been following Victoria's Inspiration Challenge for the last few days and realized that this is exactly what I need to be doing.  It is what I need to learn to do.  And it is what will make me better.

So I sent in my note saying I was in.

http://www.15minutesplay.com/2010/12/challenge-project-intuition-quilt.html

Victoria set up the 15 Minute Play blog as an outcropping of one she designed for a project.  Basically you play for at least 15 minutes each day.  But the play must be

NO rules
NO color coordination
NO must make this corner perfect
NO matching seams
NO quarter inch seams necessary.

And she has opened up a new world for me and a lot of other people.  You have seen some examples of my 15 minutes of play in previous posts.  (Not sure if they are all labeled or not.)

The improvisational challenge is stunning.  And if you look at Lazy Gal you can see the same type of improvisational style but with totally different blocks and fabrics and ideas.

http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/2010/12/student-letters-2005-2010.html

I want to say, I LOVE the letters!  I just might have to dedicate 2011 to nothing but letters all year long!

I really wanted to get started on something this afternoon but there are still more expectations that I have to take care of.  I promise you though, that next week will be mine, mine mine.

So is there anyone who wants to join in the inspiration process?

glen

4 comments:

  1. I am keeping you to that promise. If I have to I will go visit in BR b/c I know that Beth or Connie or Linda P etc will know where you live. Remember a promise is a promise even to one's self. 15 minutes every day is an easy promise to keep. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you also changed the look of your blog for the New Year. And the letter quilt looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girlfriend - you are so sick. I don't think I would want John Travolta sitting on my chest. Johnny Depp maybe but not Travolta. I am drinking a cup of hot peppermint tea for you - is it helping.

    Love the new banner.

    Hugs - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know how to make the picture smaller. I will have to work on that in the new year as well!

    glen

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!