Friday, June 3, 2011

Stars and leaves rustling in the trees!

You would think recovering from shingles would necessitate a quiet peaceful calm period, but not so. I did manage to grab some time yesterday to sew up a storm though. I completed a star BOM block. Absolutely wonderful! I found the seams were a bit thick but that is just a learning experience to show that I needed to be aware of where the seams were and make cuts accordingly.
The background is a grey swirly cloudy piece that will allow the made fabric to stand out and still give some texture to the quilt.


I got lost in making the star block and didn't realize what time it was. I had to feed the dogs and head out to the guild meeting. Oh, and make supper too! So I just had the time to make the templates for the pinwheel block. I think I am going to paperpiece them rather than cut individual pieces out.


Here is a pile of freezer paper templates. I guess I could just cut them out and sew them together. You know, it all comes out the same in the end! (Duh! after I posted this I went to look at my pile, there is not going to be paperpiecing going on here, I already cut it all up! LOL)

I was feeling pretty tired and my arm and neck were hurting so I left the meeting early. I was tired of that ice pick stabbing my shoulder and making everything itch. But my night instantly brightened when Frank met me at the door with a package from Seattle from my Virtual Bee Partner! I knew just what it was. LEAVES!

So here are the blocks I have so far.

The leaves are fabulous. I must admit, when I thought neutral, it never occurred to me that prints could be involved. Why, I don't know. But I do love the prints.

Now I am going to have to make some of my own. I think I will try to find a wonky bird and add a few in this tree!

OH, maybe a nest too! Oh I do so love this tree!

After I cropped this photo, I looked at the original and thought, hmmmm, I like the color in the edge there.

I have too many things on my design wall, I must resolve to finish a few now.

Don't show me any more of your fabulous stuff until I get some of this finished, OK?


glen

1 comment:

  1. I love the star! Are each of the triangles pieced too? It's hard to tell in the photo. The colors are great. Is your shingles any better yet?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!