Wednesday, October 5, 2011


Here is the test block for the CATS! project I will be teaching in two weeks.  I absolutely LOVE it!  I used the freezer paper method to do the sawtooth.  And I didn't do the curved piecing like she says, I used an easier way. 

Cats just look oriental, don't they?  This one does have a tail but I drew the opposite facing tail and didn't have time to redraw before the dogs needed feeding. 

It is a good thing I tested it out first before I just started in on it.   I see that the body of the cat needs to be a different color from the sawtooth back part so you can see both his legs.  And I need to match the bottom of the sawtooth with the chest of the cat rather than the edge of the bottom when putting them together.  Little things like that.

There were several things that I can do to make it easier than the pattern. 

In fact I think the pattern intentionally makes it more difficult.  The cat picture is given in a diagram form with letters for each section of the block.  Good.

Then the pattern begins to talk about E.  There is no E!  Not mentioned in any diagram, not in the narrative, not in the description.  No where.

So I finally figured out what E was just as I was gearing up to email the pattern creator.

Thanks for making it more difficult than ever!

To top things off, I made a big mistake in cutting the BQ quilt out.  So I had to spend time this afternoon buying more background fabric.  Now I have a lot of 2 1/2 inch strips of the wrong color!

glen:  Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield

1 comment:

  1. Just think you have them all cut for the next project that needs 2 1/2 strips.


I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!