Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ahhhh, I See, Said the Blind Quilter!

Here are pictures of Patty A's one color zig zag quilts.  Gorgeous.  Well actually two colors but you know what I mean.  I might just have to find myself two colors and go at it.  I really like the yellow because of the light space.  It makes me think of the potential for embroidery in that space.  Something delicate amongst the bold zigs.  The blue reminds me of stair steps.  I am constantly amazed at how well odd fabrics can go together.  I touch two fabrics and pronounce that they do not fit well, but look at the blue quilt.  The lilies certainly did not come in a kit with the last zig zag fabric.  They look perfectly wonderful together however.  I have learned so many things by putting together this type of scrap quilt.  Things that I would NEVER have put together, come together in happy stitches!

This is why I like doing things together with all of you, the synergy is amazing!  I have learned so much during this exercise.  It would never have occurred to me to do different sized pieces in the block.  Or one color, obviously.  As much as I hate to admit that I had no foresight there, I really didn't.

To be truly creative and new is a very difficult thing.  There are blogs who explore that type of energy and I follow a few of them, hoping they will rub off on me.  I am a part of Modern 8 Create, where we do some interesting things, and you get some creative inspiration from others.  But I have not had a major flash of
"creative inspiration".

Maybe I have and I just have not had the time to do it.  I can tell you one thing, if I could get my room cleared out and organized, I would have fighting chance!  LOL


So what does that tell me?  I think I know...........

2 comments:

  1. I love both of those zig zag quilts! Hum.... I may have more zig zags in my future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty A. here. Thanks for posting two of my zig zag quilts. I do have names for the style - the yellow one I call mountain zig zag and the blue/periwinkle one I call step zig zag. I have a whole file of pictures I have collected of zig zag quilts and the variety is amazing! Small changes can make a huge impact on the finished look. I need to make more and play with color and porportions!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!