Friday, April 13, 2012

Bike Riding Again........Johnny Who???

We are back to riding again.  Tomorrow we will head downtown for the Blues Fest and biking.  There are some new trails open and maybe we will head down some of them.  I need to remember my camera.  Johnny Winters will play tomorrow.  (Didn't impress me either.)  (But his brother is the one on that commercial where the girl calls in and wins everything, including a bouncy castle and a weekend with Edgar Winters.)  (Still didn't impress me.)

Johnny WinterSide Note:  John Dawson "Johnny" Winter III (born February 23, 1944) is an American blues guitaristsinger, and producer. Best known for his late 1960s and 1970s high-energy blues-rock albums and live performances, Winter also produced three Grammy Award-winning albums for blues legend Muddy Waters. Since his time with Waters, Johnny Winter has recorded several Grammy-nominated blues albums and continues to tour extensively. In 1988, he was inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame and in 2003, he was ranked 74th inRolling Stone magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time"[1] He was born with albinism.

I really need to get a bike mileage log.

Tonight we made 8.75 miles and had dinner at Jasmine's.  I am getting sick of chicken and broccoli, I can tell you that.  I am beginning to hate Jasmine's.  They took forever to get the order out, people who came in after us were finishing up and we still had not gotten our food.

And she forgot my salad, and charged 14.95 for a chicken breast and some broccoli.  Highway robbery.  The fried oyster remoulade poboy with fries and salad was $7.95.  I would have loved to have had that!

Oh, well, I was good.  In preparation for next week!

I worked on my Paint Chip Challenge blocks and now have 12 of them 3/4 complete.  They are beautifully soft and very distinctive looking.  Frank goes in and says:  you need a backing with saddles on it.  Saddles?!!!  He says, yes, for Texas!

This quilt is as far from Texas as China is!

glen:  saddles????

1 comment:

  1. You're going to a blues festival and Johnny Winters is playing! Awesome. I think he is a fabulous bluesman.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!