Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Did Something Quilty Toady! (where's that spellchecker - TODAY)

I had lunch with Ann and Paula and we decided to hit the new quilt shop, Red Stick Quilting.  The shop is lovely and Ann found that she knew Rachael's mother, grandmother and great grandmother!  That made it even better!

We spent time looking around the beautiful shop and we each bought something.  She has a nice mix of fabrics in there, and a lot of really modern fun stuff.  So that thrilled me to no end!

Then I came home and made some Chai Tea Yogurt from the new Yogurt Bible.  (:->).  I used cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and cloves with some of the Teavana Chia.  I do so love Chia tea.  Cold or hot, I love it all.  I spent a lot of time straining it though the little sieve I have so I need to get a better system.  I don't know what effect the low cooling will have on the finished product, but we shall see.  It smelled wonderful, and the dregs tasted incredible.


While we were in New Orleans the other day, Carrie came to let the doglets out for their 8 pm run.  She tasted some of the plain yogurt I had in the fridge and said she was shocked to taste how tart it was.  She asked if it was supposed to be that way or was it bad.  I assured her that when she added fruit to it she would be happy with it, so she took some home with her yesterday.  I have not heard the verdict yet.


While I was making the Chia Tea Yogurt I was also on the phone with the Breville people.  Multitasking..  I have one of their very nice Espresso Makers.  (:->) When I returned from vacation, it seems the grounds basket no longer allows water through.  The nice lady is sending me a new one!  For free.  So, I guess it was worth the price tag!  And Michael may yet get his cappuccino!

I am planning on working on the Round Robin piece.  I need to sandwich, quilt, embellish and bind it rather quickly now.  And get it mailed off.


Ahhhh.  So much to do.  So much to do.  And I am still hurting.  I am used to dealing with pains, but not like this.

glen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glen - is the new quilt shop on Industriplex Blvd? I am coming to BR on Thursday for work & might have a chance to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a road trip on Thursday for me too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!