Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Full Speed Ahead!

I have been so busy, yesterday spent at the sew day, then the dentist.  Then to Las Palmas for dinner.  Today I have another full schedule with the surgeon's appointment, grocery shopping with the only credit card I have, meeting with the social worker for the medicaid transfer for my mom.
Africa center

I did get a small amount of sewing on the paint chip challenge yesterday and three quilts squared up for the frame.  I can add them in rapid succession when I get the frame free.  I have African Women, Elephants (needs one last border put on) and my leaves from the 15 Minute Group.The Modern 8 group is whining about not wanting to sew this summer.  I wonder why all my groups lose momentum at some point?  I say that and I realize I have no pictures of the completed quilt tops.  Here is the African center and the border fabric is to the right.  And there are some of the leaves I taught for my month.   The whole top went together at the retreat last year.
african women border

And Amber's quilt on the frame right now and Dan's quilt ready to go on right behind it.  So that gives me five ready and my Paint Chip Challenge needs to be completed and quilted.

some leaves
I am still working to take out the stitching from Dan's quilt, but I think one more night of "unsewing" will get me a quilt top free and clear again.  I really do not like that polyester batting.....have I said that enough?

I am so busy, I am treating myself to a chocolate scone this morning and I guess I will buy another gift card.
glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!