Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Lot of Southwestern Lagniappe

Lagniappe, for those not of Cajun Culture, is just a little bit extra, over the top.  Like the Baker's Dozen having 13 rolls.

I got some BIG lagniappe today!

Ann visited her great-grands in Phoenix this past week.  While she was there, she took some much needed down time away from the babies to visit several of the area's 17 quilt shops.  Can you imagine having 17 quilt shops to choose from!  Her favorite shop was 3 Dudes Quilting owned by, yep, three men!


She brought home some fabulous finds for herself and a few goodies for me!  What a lucky girl I am this week!  The one time I didn't have my camera with me was today.  I usually do carry it everywhere too.

Do you think this goes with my Southwestern room?  LOL.  Look at the feathers, I do so love feather and Native American, and those pots are fabulous.  The one with the blue in it is the Arizona Centennial Fabric, 100 Years of Statehood!  This has to be my next project.

All in all I ended up with 11 yards including these fabulous flag dogs and milk bones!

What a great time she had with her great grands and granddaughter and ALL THOSE QUILT SHOPS!

Thanks for all the lagniappe Ann!  When are you traveling again, now?????

glen:  and I was just in the red again in my stash reduction figures.....oh well!  That's Lagniappe!


1 comment:

  1. What wonderful fabrics your friend Ann brought you!
    I LIVE in Arizona and didn't know about nor had any of that centennial fabric!
    You are going to have some fun using all that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!