Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I Am Thinking......

And that could be very very dangerous!

I am thinking that I want to see how many quilts I can get quilted in one month.  And I may have to wait until September.  I may slip a couple in before then, and acually see how many I can get done before then.  Oh, heck.....I don't know what I am doing yet!  LOL.

I have that Quilt From Hell on the frame at the present time.  I still need to rip out one and a half rows of lizards and see if I can get the tension back to normal.  Then the rest of August is full, our 40th Anniversary and the fun we will have celebrating with friends and Carrie.  Forty years is a long time, I think, now a days when so many people are working on their second marriages, and quite a few are working on their thirds even.

Carrie gave us a weekend in one of the plantations in Natchez MS.  We are excited to be heading there to celebrate and have it scheduled for one of the August weekends.  More on that later.

And this week Frank is taking care of the babies while I am off at that 4 or 5 day retreat.  So I won't reply to messages unless I have a decent signal, which, I am not sure will happen.  Boondocks are closer to civilization than I will be!

See ya, soon.

glen

3 comments:

  1. Have a blast on your retreat, I am very jealous! Boondocks...remember that song... Down in the boondocks, down in the boondocks, people put me down cause that's the side of town I was born in.... ah, the great songs of yeasteryear!!! Billy Joe Royal I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you were suppose to get those tops done in June! Now you need another month? LOL! Sounds like you have a full schedule already so it sounds like it might be hard to carve out a full month for just doing quilt tops, but there is always hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Forty years is indeed an accomplishment. It's a rare thing these days to last that long.

    If you decide to challenge yourself to quilt as many as you can, I'm in there with you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!