Saturday, September 15, 2012

Work on Paperweights Resumes

Yesterday I was able to accomplish about 4 things that have been hanging over me in the quilting room.

3 sections together
I got the two leaf blocks done and mailed
I got the Brit Dogs mailed to Mary W
I cleared the space so I could work (although it didn't stay clear)
I sewed three, well one and two halves, circles for Paperweights
and
I was able to put three sets of circles and kites together as a unit to see how they worked and how they fit.

It was good.

The duffle bag I sent to the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog National Specialty got raffled off and a good friend was able to win by stuffing the bucket with tons of tickets!  She loved it.

I need to make another one and a quilt for the next Specialty.  In a pile of paperwork, I found the pattern for the Yappity Dog block I love so I might have to start just making a block from the scraps when I finish a quilt.  That way I will have a bunch of blocks to just put together when I need one, or just get enough and put it together and let it hang in the closet with the rest of the finishes that have no place to go.

glen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!