Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I have gotten a ton of requests for the potatoes!


Several things:  
mystery 2012

One is that if you want to do the Cotton Robin you need to JUST DO IT!
this is the last opportunity to sign up, http://cottonrobin.blogspot.com/
mystery 2012

Come on, it is not a lot of work, it is fun and challenging and stretches your minds!

mystery 2009
2.  Do you want to do the mystery quilt I have for the guild with me?  I can post the one I am doing with River City online for you to follow each month.  Or I can create another blog and do it there, all special like .....I have presented a mystery quilt for 4 years now and they love them.  Even those who resisted and swore they would never do anything like this, and joined in this year have loved it.
mystery 2009

3.  McGee has 1 1/2 weeks to go before being retested for heartworms.  Provided he is negative, which should be the absolute case, he will be free to walk with us again.  I have been illicitly letting him loose in the yard over the weekend.  Alone, he mostly sits under the trees watching the squirrels tease him as they race overhead.  He is quieter than DiNozzo, who barks and barks and barks unceasingly at the stupid beasts who won't come to him.

And both dogs are learning to down.  McGee caught on in one session, DiNozzo has a dumbfounded  look on his handsome face, saying, No, no, no, no, oh ok........

Chloe, patiently downs and waits for me to deal with the stupid boys.

4.  Gorgonzola Potatoes from Italy!

The potatoes are so very simple and so very elegant!  This is great for a company dinner or special family meal.  Everyone loves it.  

Parboil peeled and sliced potatoes
Shock them with cold ice water to stop starchy texture
Line baking dish with butter on sides
Place potatoes in evenly
Mix 6 oz heavy cream, 6 oz Gorgonzola cheese crumbles, 1 egg,
Pour over potatoes
Bake for like 45 minutes, I have a convection oven and yours may vary in time, but the potatoes can be pierced with a fork when done. 

I put Pecorino shavings on top.  Like Parmasean but a bit saltier and stronger.

I did not have heavy cream so I used my 2% with two tablespoons of flour mixed cold before I added it to the mixture.

The most amazing deep flavor from that cheese.  If you don't like gorgonzola, which is like bleu cheese, try another kind like feta or swiss or cheddar........endless possibilities.

2 comments:

  1. How hard is the mystery quilt going to be? Will you post the fabric needs before it starts so we can pick colors? I'm in. :) I've only done one other and it was when I was a beginner quilter and it was an advanced pattern and it made me nuts because I'd only been quilting for a bout 4 weeks! But this is years later, so I'll give it a go!

    I'd rather YOU make the potatoes and I'll come to dinner!!! So you need to move to Arizona!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, let us participate in the Mystery. I'm interested and I have plenty of fabric.
    How many Steps and how many months?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!