Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas To You!

I have friends on the road today, so be careful you don't cause traffic problems and let them get safely to Huntsville, AL.  I am concerned about the weather, though.

We had a burst of strong weather and now we have sun.  But the clouds and the weathermen are ominous in the background and we are under that wild tornado watch.

We are heading to Carrie's beautiful house to be with Andrew's family for a mid afternoon meal.  I just finished sewing the very last seam on Carrie's present.  I didn't take any pictures so I will have to do so and post it tomorrow.

Oh, pictures! My camera!

Yes, Frank was kind enough to take me BACK to Best Buy yesterday and we purchased a Sony Cybershot 510 (I think those are the numbers).  Same as before, but greatly updated.  My last one had panoramic function and this one does as well but allows focusing.  The last one had a video function, this one does as well.

The new one is a very slight bit heavier, but still can be in a pocket of my jeans as we hike or travel.  The specs are a bit larger as well.

Old: 10 X zoom, 14.2 megapix
New: 20 X zoom, 18 megapix.

It has a stereo speaker for the videos, and an on screen help display.  It can be set manually or automatic can prevail.  And some other new fncy stuff.

It feels the same, which is good, and it promises to be a long time friend!

glen:  I will choose a winner randomly tomorrow.....




I

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how the cameras change in 2 or 3 years? I just went from a 5x zoom to an 18x zoom! Love it. :)
    Congrats on your new camera.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!