Sunday, January 6, 2013

Stash report Week 1 January 6, 2013

I want to get back to the Artist Statement as well in the next week.  So stop in for that information. I haven't forgotten!

used this week -0.5
Used Jan -0.5
added this week 0
added jan 0
used YTD -0.5
Added YTD 0
stash reduction -0.5

A brand new slate!  Fresh meat, as they say.  I wonder how I will do this year?  I didn't do all that
 badly last year mostly because I was conscious of not buying because of this report.  So it worked!

I ended up pretty even, using and buying.  Let's see if this year can be heavy on the using and light on the buying side!

(brownie break- warm milk and fresh out of the oven brownies)

Sorry, had to take that break.  What was I saying?  Oh, yeah, heavy on the using side.

I started by pulling some fabric for the BOM Stars from Don't Call Me Betsy.  It is Cheep Talk by Connecting Threads.  A lovely birdie filled collection of FQs.  Not Betsy is doing paperpieced stars and I am already two behind.  The Practice Star she sent late December and the January Star.  I guess I am not really late on the January one........but hey, there is still time to not do it!

I won't count those fat quarters until I use them, maybe not until the whole thing is over.  Not sure yet what I'll do.  If you want to join in on the fun go to:

http://dontcallmebetsy.bigcartel.com/product/lucky-stars-block-of-the-month

 and sign up.  If you don't know how to paperpiece but want to learn or if you just want to perfect your technique this is perfect.  Her downloads are step by step with lots and lots of pictures!  I love to pp!  It is one of my favorite things to do in quilting.

glen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the PP link - that is one of my goals for the year so I will check it out and think about signing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your break sounded wonderful! DGS#2 shot my goal to pieces.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!