Thursday, February 21, 2013

50 Shades and an amazaing video


Judy sent me a video this morning, so creattive, all sewing notions as they dance!

http://vimeo.com/58893010


The group is small.  And we work small.  8/5 by 11 page size.  And one was missing because her hubby was ill.  But the pieces we showed were fabulous!

Mine was The Thin Red Line = the thin line between love and pain.  It is a fractured piece that I wanted to see just how thin I could get that line!  Turns out, pretty thin! And I could not find, on short notice, variegated grey thread, so I went with three shades of grey threads.  It is stark and plain and that is what I wanted.  You can also see that as the relationship progresses, in the 5 to 7 year range is where the trouble occurs.  To put the relationship back together requires effort and change.  Cool!
Printing on Foil

Michael showed his 50 Shades of Greyhound!  Love it!  His is such a talented artist who has inspired me for so long in the quilt world.

Judy had an interesting piece where she printed on tin foil, like Reynolds wrap!  So creative!  Who would have thought to do that?

Renee had her small piece, and imagined it larger and more colorful!  So she placed it on a canvas and extended her ribbons into the "frame" in bright color.  Her ribbons were intriguing and the piece had so much movement.


1 comment:

  1. I love your 50 shades piece!
    I'd also love to see the greyhound one, as I have a grey (blue) greyhound! :) Although I'm not sure she's more than 5 or 6 shades of grey!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!