Saturday, February 2, 2013

Up and Out Early Leaves the Day For Quilting

Maybe........


Frank woke me up at 6 AM.  That was after I crawled in bed at about 1:30 AM.  He was snoring so loudly that at 1:45 AM I went back to the sofa and watched a CSI show to about 5 minutes of its ending.  Which means it is still another CSI that I know the story about but not who actually did it!  I was aggravated at myself because I woke up at 3:05 AM to the next show.......

So up I get.

We headed down to Coffee Call to get beignets and cafe latte.  Then on to the Farmers Market where I found the most unusual vegetable.  Brocolini.  Amazing isn't it?  It looks like a detailed quilting design.



The Market was crowded today, the weather was incredible, no clouds, a touch of cold.






We were downtown to power wash the sidewalk from the Krewe of Mutts parade.  Now they have had 4 parades since ours and the city picked out which snowball stains were ours.  We took a powerwasher and washed the snowball stains they labeled as ours and went home.  If we had blown it off, we would get grief next year trying to get permits.

Then we went to see Greg's dogs, Silken Windhounds and the Borzoi Beau Soliel.









Yesterday I was playing with the new Quantum machine and made a doll quilt for Maylee for when I give her the big quilt.

I tried out a ton of stitches and learned a bunch about the machine.

Check out some of my new stitches.

And it is only 9:30 AM

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of brocolini, so I looked it up. And none of the pics of it look anything like your picture! Brocolini looks more like a cross between broccoli and asparagus than anything else. :) Did you buy some of that green stuff? I'd love to hear more about it.
    And I love the stitches from your new machine! That tulip one is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!