Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Bad Girl Quilters!



You never know how far the conversation will go downhill until you are with a group of women at a quilt retreat!  Men have no upper hand on novel ideas!  Oh My!  I learned so many new things!  I had thought i was pretty savvy about
stuff.

And I think these ornaments will find their way to a lot of Christmas trees this year!  LOL.

Here are some additional things that came out of the retreat.

 Lisa worked on a t-shirt quilt using the grid method.  It was really gorgeous.  I will have to do my next one like that.  So easy and definitely a "why didn't I think of that" method!

The "other" Candy worked on her Card Trick blocks.  Love those colors.




She also did the dachshunds quilt.  I can't wait to see this one completed.

Debbie made this quilt and another one I obviously didn't get a photo of.  She called it her Dead Person's Quilt.  It was the shirts of a friend's father.  She took the pockets and the plackets and made the most beautiful quilt from them.  I know it will be cherished by her friend.

This is not Debby's quilt but isn't it a great idea!

Even more later.

2 comments:

  1. What is the grid method? Please explain or send me to site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting ready to make a t-shirt quilt and am trying to figure out it I cut the shirt then add the fusible or vice versa. It seems it would be easier to apply fusible first but then how do you center the stuff.

    Tips! Please lots and lots of tips!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!