Thursday, January 16, 2014

Teal Twins

Carrie has a friend who is having twin boys.  And I was making this quilt for Carrie.  She thought that it would make great

baby quilts instead.  Not exactly what I had in mind.  But, I don't need another quilt around the house when she needs baby gifts.

I think my baby quilts are quite a hit amongst her friends.  She won't admit that her friends actually like my quilts.  She won't admit she likes my quilts.  She wants me to think she thinks they are quite lame.

So the quilt will be broken into two quilts and they will make her momma to be friend happy.  More than that I know they will make the twin boys very happy.  And that is what it is all about.

And for the first time, Carrie actually liked an idea I had.  I told her I could free piece the boys names.  And she thought it might be interesting.  So this is what I did.

I think she liked them.  Although she was having a hard time not having them perfect and perfectly aligned.

I told her to get over it.  Live a little and let it flow!  I plan on bisecting the quilt into two smaller quilts.  An adding a few more strips to each.  Then creating the backing with whatever material Carrie brings me this weekend.   And then we can play with the Avante!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!