Thursday, April 17, 2014

Houses and the Evil Bead Lady


I worked on the Houses I want to present for the Louisiana Traveling Quilt.  It is coming down to the wire in getting them ready to send.  I got only one house and one tree done yesterday.  One tiny tree..........aughhhh!

As you can tell, or maybe not, I am trying for low volume.  Somewhat.  I guess that means no brights and wild colors.  We shall see.

And today I met Tracy for lunch and a trip to the Cajun Bead Store.  We had a great time with Lisette and her beads.  She admitted to stroking them when no one else was around.  I admitted to stroking my fabric and Tracy had knowing look on her face, but didn't admit to anything.

I decided I needed to do an undersea quilt so I  can add all the seaweed dangles on the edges.  And use the beautiful seaglass colors.

Then the Evil Lisette showed me a beaded rose and I just knew I needed to make a rosebush quilt with beaded roses all over it.  THEN..... she showed me some Southwest Kokopelli relics and I just knew I had to make one of those too!






Now I am going to have to restrict mmyself from the bead shop as well as the fabric shop and start counting my bead stash.




4 comments:

  1. Love your low volume, modern house. Looking forward to our travelling quilt bee getting underway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right over!! And I am only admitting to petting puppy dogs >:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the house as well, sort of wonky which is a good thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never bought a fat quarter that I didn't pet before purchasing! :D
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!