Sunday, April 20, 2014

More Houses

Here is my collection of houses as of today for the Louisiana Traveling Quilt.  And I finally got some dates and a rotation for the quilt to travel  though Louisiana!

Aren't they darling?

I have a bunch of trees to add and about 7 or 8 more houses to make.  Then it starts its travels near the end of May.  I can also send some of my little 3 inch houses!   Remember them?

There are 10 off us in the group and each will get a chance to work on each quilt.

I can't wait to start getting the quilts in and working on that first one.

I went over to the Red Stick Shop today since they were having a sale on inventory so they wouldn't have to move it.  Not much of a sale though, but I did buy 2 pieces at 50% off because I finished the bolt.

Tomorrow we are going to Ashley's house for the Traditional Non-Sectarian Easter Brunch that is usually at Carrie's house.  I am surprised she didn't want to do it here......she is a strange child, I will say that with certainly.

I just sat here watcihg TV in the middle of the night.  I was flipping channels, nothing good is ever on.  And I found a show that was titled "Outrageous 911 Calls"  I laughed so hard.  It was so funny.  Real 911 calls.

One was a guy who was driving home after a long shift at some plant and he hits a deer.  He gets out and surveys the damage to his car, and seees the deer dead.  So he figures to capitalize on the situation and puts the deer into the back seat.  During the ride it wakes up!  And starts biting him on the back of the neck.  He can't get it out of his car and he is bleeding all over the place.  And now it is tearing up the back of his car. 

So he finds a phone booth and calls 911.  From out of nowhere there comes a dog who  has smelled the blood and the deer and starts biting the man on the phone.   Now he is being attacked by the dog!  He is beating the dog off wih a tree limb and the dog grab the limb and he is left defensless! 

The cops finally aarrive to save him.

Then a man called 911 to report an iintruder in the house while he is in the shhower.  He knows they have a gun and he needs help fast.  Turns out he broke into the house after the owner left for work and was taking a shower before stealing stuff.  And the owner came home becuase he forgot somenting.  They are both on the phone to 911 at the same time! 

There were several more, and I laughed so hard, now I am not  sleepy!.






1 comment:

  1. Those houses are cute. Looking forward to seeing what you receive. Don't you really dislike it when a sale is not really a sale. My LQS has 3 day inventory sales and I generally go the third day because she really reduces just to get rid of it. Those 911 calls were hilarious! I'll have to look for that show.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!