Wednesday, May 21, 2014

52 Photos - Gallery 3 - Sugar

I am all over this sugar stuff!  I knew immediately that I would bring my stevia plant to prominent center.

Here you see the tufa pot I made using raw cement powder and spagnam moss molded around a tub that Carrie stole from my quilt room.  When I went into the quilt room that night I found my fabric unceremoniously dumped in the middle of the floor.



The dogs love to eat the stevia as fast as it grows.  I am lucky to get a leaf or two to put into my tea.  I guess I don't mind, they don't dig this one up.  Chloe the Smelly Basset dug up my coleus to lay in the cool soil two days ago.  Geez.......



Here is the mint fraterinizig with the stevia.  This is not discouraged, it is good in tea!  It is nice they get along as well as they do. 














For the sugar purists, this is as close as I could get to the real cane sugar.  The set lens on these newfangled cameras are so lacking.  I do so miss my AE-1 and all the wonderful lenses.


5 comments:

  1. I never thought of growing a stevia plant - I used the packets of Truvia for my sweetener and it is stevia I believe

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the prompt! I love the white sugar crystals on the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of growing stevia but why not? Is I a perennial like mint? How did you get it? Seed, nursery? Wonder if it grows in the north? I must google ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea on the stevia plant. I've thought about growing a couple in my indoor hydroponic garden but wasn't sure how easy is was to get a plant. Thanks for sharing. Fits perfectly with your photo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How unique! Loving your take on {sugar} !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!