Thursday, August 21, 2014

Breast cancer

I just had my mammogram when I went in for the set of x-rays of the new knee last week.  I don't have the results yet, but I don't expect any problems.  No one needs that, now, do we!

I was flipping channels and saw Dr Oz saying that coffee is actually good for you because it has antioxidants.  So I stopped on that channel.  Frank is so terrified of coffee for some reason and I grew up with thick syrupy dark New Orleans coffee and chicory with evaporated milk or sweetened condensed milk.  And my grandparents on both sides would put the leftover brew in a mayonnaise jar and save it in the refrigerator for the next day!!!  For those of you NOT from New Orleans, that just makes it stronger!!

Breast cancer?  Oh yeah.  Dr. Oz said that to reduce your risk of breast cancer by a whopping 40%, all you need to do is eat a peach three times a week!  Wow!

Fresh is great, but frozen or canned are good.  Avoid the sugar added kind (like you find in cobbler!).

So go get a bunch of peaches, cut them up and sock them away in your freezer for the rest of the year!!!!

Oh, and go get your mammogram!!!!  Always!

Peaches......go figure!

2 comments:

  1. Up here peaches are never ripe on the stores so I gave up buying them which is yo bad since I love them . Wonder if apples are as good , now apples we do - crisp and tart fresh from the tree macs - yummmm! They are just coming on now . I like dr oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to go find me some peaches! I have an appointment to get my hair cut Saturday and the salon has moved again. They are now located right on the town square and every Saturday they have a farmer's market. After I get my hair cut I will wander across the street and see if I can find some home grown peaches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!