I completed the four squares to make the quilt not square. I really hate square quilts for some reason. I know there are some quilts that HAVE to be square, but if I can help it, it won't be square!
And in the process, I remembered some important things about working with the tulle.
I used a pressing sheet to press the blocks so the tulle would not melt I think I invented something really cool tonight. I couldn't find my pressing sheet (of course), so I grabbed a piece of that interfacing that has no sticky on it. The kind you put in collars. Not light, not heavy, it must be like a medium weight. The great thing about that was I could cut the piece to the size of the block. Cool! Try it. I am sure you have some laying around like I did. (If I had needed it, I would never have found it!)
And I realized that I used two layers of the tulle. My tulle was actually a dark blue. I think I must have chosen that on purpose, thinking that the blue would be a compliment of the cheddar yellow.
Yes, let's think that way.
If you want the measurements of my pieces, I can write that up for you. There are more pieces than you think in this block. Since I have already done the work, I can share it with you.
Over the weekend I can do that if you like.
So far I have the top three rows sewn but not together. I wanted to be ale to move the plain blocks around, but I think I will leave them like they are.
Coming along! Coming along!