Monday, December 1, 2014

Grand Illusions - Bonnie Hunter Mystery Work

280.  That's right, 280 is the operative number for today.

I have always said, I look at a pattern and if I see anything that says 200 of something, I put that pattern down!  So here I am, doing 280 of something!

And in all my  quilting glory, you know I have to mess something up.  And the 280 is no exception!

Although I have to say it was written in such a way that one could easily misread it.  And that is what I did.  Bonnie makes an assumption that you are using the EasyAngle Ruler and just casually mentions -- oh, yeah, if you are not using the Easy Angle, do it some other way.

I had a lot of strips that were 2 1/2 inches and that is what I used...in a way I thought the Easy Angle worked.  Obviously not. 

So now I have 280 of the 2 inch blocks......so my  quilt will be a bit smaller.  Not a problem, I like them a bit smaller than 89 x 89 anyway.

 This is what 200 HSTs look like.  And I am going to work on the other 80 to get them done.  We also have to make a Broken Dishes block .... actually we need to make 100 Broken Dishes Blocks.


So let me get to work.

glen





3 comments:

  1. I am not good at following directions either, but somehow I make it work and you will too! That is a lot of half square triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for doing a Bonnie hunter mystery . I would be so overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well sometimes I think a lot of something ends up making the most fabulous quilt. :o) Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!