Thursday, February 5, 2015

Eco-Dying and Eco-Bundles

My eco-bundles are still sitting, wrapped and waiting.......nannie nannie boo boo!  Carol HAD to take hers up and open them.  I have to admit that I was REALLY tempted to rush out and open them.  Hers look amazing.

So in lieu of opening an eco-bundle I was going to take some silk and dye with those acorns that were boiled and have been sitting and mulching.  Or whatever the term is, waiting and leaching their brown-y goodness to impart to my silky fabric.

And this is what I found.  I was NOT a happy camper.  Franks SWEARS it was not him.  He blames it on critters.......I might need a critter hunt.  Where are the cats when you need them?



It must work well, it stained the concrete.  The non stained photo is the exact same concrete on the other side of the garage door.

and we have had two days of some serious rain and a couple of days of sun that beats on that space all day.



See the little bit of juice left? 
I  stuck a piece of silk in the dregs of what was in there. 

We shall see what happens with my silk.




2 comments:

  1. Squirrels would be all over the luscious acorn juice. They may carry away your silk to the squirrel den, better put a big rock on it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!