So much so that it necessitated a trip to the vet. Which didn't bother him so much, he loves the trip, the people, visiting everyone who comes through the door, smelling all the food for sale. And the treats! Oh, the treats he gets offered when he cuddles up to one of the ladies!
They think he is all for them, but he is an attention slut. It doesn't matter who it is, if he can cuddle and lean, he is there!
So the nose was in trouble. Muzzle, really. In all my years of Dog, I have never seen anything like it.
Vet thought it might be a bite. Snake? I asked. He said no, more like a bug. But he took the scab off to expose the underneath red skin and thought he saw two holes like a snake bite. A poisonous snake's venom would cause the fur to slough off, so if it was a snake it was not poisonous. Thank goodness.
He aspirated it and found no cancer cells, with our history of mast cell tumors that is an important thing to do first. I hold my breath until he comes back in with the news.
He said there was lots of other cells though. Red blood cells, white blood cells, fungal cells, and some others I can't pronounce.
So the decision was to apply a salve three times a day and that he could keep his nose a bit longer!
And to stay away from snakes..........yikes