Monday, May 25, 2015

Obsessed With the Bathroom Redo

Now I just want to get it finished! 

So .......

I painted the cabinets and all the trim twice.

I did the cut work so Frank could roll the walls.  He will look for  places that need to be given a second coat this morning, but the coverage appears to be pretty good.

And I  bought the hardware to reinstall the hinges and pulls on the drawers and cabinets. 

I was not happy with the color of the chalk paint.  All the photos showed French Linen as brownish grey, which was what I wanted.  But it looked blue grey, and not what I wanted.  Since the store won't open again until Tuesday, I made the decision to go to Lowe's and get me a browner paint. 

So what you see is the chalk paint grey with two coats of brown latex in gloss finish. I used most of one quart of paint to do the two coats on everything. 

And while it may look the same exact color, the cabinets/baseboards and the walls are actually a definite shade apart.  I wasn't going to repaint a 3rd time!  LOL

I want to put some of my art pieces on the walls. And I need a shower curtain.  I think I know which one I want. 

And of course, now I have to paint the doors.  And the baseboards in the rest of the house...........

1 comment:

  1. It looks do clean and fresh! I am so impressed - and I'll bet you will be very happy when it's done. Worth it

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!