Friday, September 11, 2015

Butterflies and Rocks

The butterflies were so perfect!  But the day was not.  It poured on us, letting up only long enough to get under the overhang of the mausoleum.  I was so wet.  I wore my not so elegant tennis shoes.  

I was really handling everything so well, and the back door to Andrew's truck opens and Jason gets out.

I lost it.  I just sobbed in his arms for I don't know how long.  It was such a surprise, such an unexpected moment.  I had correographed all the others.  That one I was totally unprepared for.

My brother looks so Much like my father.  I am taken aback every time I see him. My breath stops.  

See the rocks, and the tiny butterfly?  It was my final gift to her.


 


4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a good cry - you needed it and I'm glad you did .

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter how prepared we think we are for it, the loss of a parent is always huge, I think. Take good care of yourself and let go and cry as much as you need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was one told that tears wash away the excess emotion we can't process at the time. Jason probably joined you in getting rid of the excess. Sorry the day was wet, but very happy you gifted her with her favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!