Tuesday, September 8, 2015

My Mother

As I was heading out to the funeral of Andrew's beloved aunt, the Hospice nurse called to tell me my mother had died.  They called it at 8:05 AM.

I am glad, she is no longer confused.

I would put a picture of her here but I can't turn my computer on.........

I headed to see her one last time.  I told her to find my Dad and Aunt Edith and Coffee, my childhood dog.

On the way to the funeral in Plaquemine I had a chance to get a few texts off to those who are close to me and the few members of my family left.

My cousin Jason (of the 5 quilts for 5 boys Colorado wedding fame) called.  I took care of his grandmother/ my aunt for 10 years with her Alzheimer's.  We have had this kind of relief before, he and I.

My dear friends Paula and Ann called me to lend the support of their friendship.

I finally got in touch with Carrie, but I had to call Andrews mom first.  And even then  I wasn't sure I was going to make it to her sisters funeral after all.  But I did.

After the root canal episode, Frank was bound and determined to go to the nursing home with me and ended up going to the funeral as well.

When I saw Fayne, we both cried for our own losses, no for each other's as well.




8 comments:

  1. May happy memories bring you peace. I'm very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Glen I am so sorry for your loss. Even though in your brain you know it's for the best - your heart has lost your other. Please grieve how you need to not what you think others want. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand . . . sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So much stuff and, I imagine, unbelievable stress. Takes care of yourself and don't forget to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glen and family -- so sorry to hear about your Mother. Prayers and thoughts with you all at this time.

    Elaine in Tulsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry for your loss. Going through the downhill slide of Alzheimers is hard on those who are touched by it and I also understand the relief that she is no longer confused and anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for the loss of your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear of your loss. Yes I understand the relief in the loss as well. It is a very hard emotion to admit to. Feels a little like, I don't know, uncaring I suppose. But I am relieved for those that pass after their long suffering. If I were closer I would come and just be there with you. Know that you are in my thoughts. Much, much love to you. I understand.....

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!