In 2015, I used 173 yards of fabric and only bought about 100. So by that accounting, my room contains 76.5 yards less than it did this time last year!!!!
That deserves a party!!! At least!
|Used this week||-0.25||Used this month||-0.25||Used this year||-172.75|
|Bought this week||0||Bought this month||0||Bought this year||96.25|
|Plus or minus||-0.25||Plus or minus||-0.25||Plus or minus||-76.5|
My fabric use for the entire month of December is a fat quarter for the brick.
Speaking of that brick. I am so upset with it. Let me explain. I wanted to make it water resistant so it could be cleaned. I painted on some polyurethane. Let it dry between two coats. Nice. It worked like a charm. I turned it over and painted the bottom. Let it dry between two coats. Nice.
When I flipped it over, the impression of the two posts it was sitting on is now permanently imprinted into the top.
Aughhhh......I even tried to heat it with the blow dryer and massage it back into straightness.
Nothing worked. So in the next few days I will cut it off with a nice sharp slicer and begin again.
Forensically, there are a few things I would do differently. I need a layer of batting under the area where the top fabric meets the top of the brick. That way I could hide the tails of the stitching string.
So it will work for the betterment of mankind.