Sunday, March 6, 2016

Stash Report, Design Wall and Quilt Work Sunday

I lied to you this morning when I said I would work on the Zen Lady.  I did not.  I took one look at the DesignWall and got suckered into working on the Journalistic quilt Read Between the Lines for my Journalism graduating niece Mary Elizabeth.

I added the B&W vertical strips on a whim and I really love them.  Tell me if you like them or not. 

 I forgot to think about a stash report.  So let me see.


I Bought Nothing!

I used fabric for the binding for the Saints quilt, binding for the QR Codes and the backing for the Stained Glass quilt that got itself quilted this week.

Used this week -5.50 Used this month -5.50 Used this year -62.50
Bought this week 0.00 Bought this month 0.00 Bought this year 20.00
Plus or minus -5.50 Plus or minus -5.50 Plus or minus -42.50

And late Saturday the state of the driveway looked like this.

they had to bring in several loads of mud (dirt really, you can tell I am from New Orleans).  And the crane guys brought in this cutie.  Now I want one of these.  They took it home so didn't have a chance to see if I could get it to run.........
The cement is coming early Monday since it is expected to storm on Tuesday.  So far today I have not seen them, so I guess they will have to get here at the crack of dawn Monday to get the framing finished for the cement trucks.

We shall see.  Time and rain wait for no cement truck!

4 comments:

  1. I like the vertical stripes. I think it will be at least a week before I go visiting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the vertical stripes as well.....another "read between the lines" allusion and it breaks up the blocks. IMHO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am catching up from being off. My goodness you have been so busy! I love the b&w stripes! They add a certain somethin' somethin' to the quilt! That rusting you did - did you do it while the equipment sat in your yard? If so, you took advantage of a real opportunity! I read the article about the African Dutch Wax fabric. I can remember seeing some of the Chinese faux Dutch Wax fabric at the Sewing and Quilting Expo. It was poor at best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stop reminding me we need a new driveway poured!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!