Thursday, June 22, 2017

Using the Color Tool

So I have lost 22.8 lbs so far.  Still have about 7 to go.  I bought a couple of things at the Purple Cow yesterday, smaller things.   But not as small as you would think......hmmm.

I wanted to show you this.  I used the Color Tool for the first time when I put together the colors for the Mountains quilt.  And I liked what happened.

The color tools consist of a number of these cards.  Basically you find where your fabric lies on the charts.

These are too golden but the next card is good. 


 On the back of the card there are the different ways to add colors that are pleasing and color theory tells us about the compliments and analogous and whatnot.

I had a full range in the oranges and orange reds.  I needed that zinger color.

And this shows it should be a purple. 



So i went hunting for some purples.  And found some.  I mixed that crazy color in with the oranges and orange reds and it looks amazing.

Yep, this stuff works.  Judy says she uses this to decide thread choices as well. 




Here is the fabric array.

and here is the quilt in pieces (still) on my design wall.






Looks great, doesn't it

3 comments:

  1. It does look great. I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on the weight loss! That color card system is interesting. I have loads of embroidery floss I am using for my R.E.M. quilt and for me there are not enough colors. I have them divided into groups - pink/lavender, greens, blues, yellows, oranges, and purples. My goal is to get high contrast and get things to clash a bit which is probably not the norm. I just don't seem to be able to get things to clash as much as I would like too. The color range of fabrics for your mountain quilt turn out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I admit it I missed the diet information. What are you doing to lose weight?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!