Monday, July 17, 2017

Chai Spice Donuts

If you make them, let me know.  Low carb, low sugar and low fat.  All good for you!


makes 9-10 donuts (mine made 9 donuts and I made two batches while I had one mess going!)

6 eggs
1/2 c coconut flour
1/2 c granulated sweetener (maple sugar, coconut sugar lakanto or erythritol) ( I used coconut sugar)
1/4 c oil (avocado, melted coconut oil)
1 tsp lemon juice or cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp clove
1 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch black pepper

Nutmeg icing:

1/3 c coconut oil
3 tbl maple sugar
1.4 tsp nutmeg

1.  preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2.  mix ingredients in order of listing.  Use a stand or hand mixer
3.  Adjust chai spices to your taste ( I used more cinnamon and less nutmeg)
4.  grease a donut pan
5.  spoon batter into pan, makes 9-10 donuts
6.  bake 15-18 minutes  ( I have a convection oven and I baked them for 13 minutes)
7. You can cover the donuts in chai sugar by mixing chai spices with granulated sugar. 
8.  Nutmeg Icing:  using a low carb sugar like lakanto crystallized when the icing cooled, so if you are going to use a sugar alcohol use a powered one.  Or try stevia instead.  Liquid maple syrup works well but it needs to be heated over a double boiler to mix with the coconut oil.  There is a perfect timing to get cool donuts and barely melted glaze to happen. 

i put the donuts into the freezer to cool them while I heated the glaze.

Let me know if you make them and what you thought!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!