Friday, August 18, 2017

Can You Believe I Did THAT?

I can't.  Not many people could do something as creative, I tell you.   And I probably couldn't do it again if I tried.

I ran a couple of bobbins for The Eclipse piece and I put them on the thread spindle on top of the machine.  I was having difficulty with the machine anyway, so when the wheel kept getting harder and harder to turn, I was just exasperated. 




When I finally looked at it, this is what I found.  The stupid bobbin had wound itself around the wheel!  Geez. 

I don't like this machine.  I am looking a gift horse in the mouth when I say that though.  It was one donated to Bridge Over Troubled Waters Quilt Relief.  Since I was out of town that weekend, my friend Paula went and picked out some fabric and scored this Janome 415. 

It is a rough machine, grinding as it works.  It has one speed, one stitch length and one direction. 

f you don't need to reverse or go slow, you got it made!

This Eclipse piece needs a lot of stops and starts and some precision sewing.

So, you ask, why am I using it? 

Well, my lovelies.  My Husqvarna 950E is in the Viking shop in Jackson MS.  Frank kindly brought it in when he was visiting one of his facilities in Columbia MS earlier this week.  They specialize in Husqvarna and Pfaff.  Husqvarna now owns Pfaff and Singer. They are called the VSM Group and are wholly owned by Kohlberg Group which is a leverage company specializing in hostile takeovers.  Too much information?  I thought it was interesting, stocks have been a hobby of mine since Grad School.  All that means is they are simply a group that buys companies for profit, not because they are interested in them.  

But I digress......

Eclipse.

I was able to get a semblance of straightline quilting that will pass.  Since I can't change stitch length or go backwards, so I have a million and twenty threads to bury.

I am glad I stopped at this level of stitching and didn't continue.  I could have had a million and sixty threads to bury!

And John the mechanic already called to say he changed three things, none of which I can remember at this moment.  He says the stitch is beautiful! 

It really is a workhorse of a machine.  The thingk I like the ost about it is that it goes FAST.  I can sew up a storm with that machine!

And I miss it so much at thi moment!  




4 comments:

  1. The lineage of corporate takeovers and company ownership is nearly as tangled and convoluted as some family trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will you be getting your machine back? With all that extra money that you have why not buy a spare machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 machines that need to go to the shop right now, but the shop is 350 miles away so I will be without them until much later. Hope you can limp along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this on my Bernina when it as quite new with exta fine bottom line thread and it had to go to the shop to get it removed. The repairman was impressed.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!