Monday, September 11, 2017

100 Meter Swim

 The 100 Meter Swim went on the frame this morning!

It was not difficult to quilt, actually.  I always have this feeling like I am going to ruin the quilt when I start quilting. 

I have a piece of acrylic I practice on before I start the quilting process.  I can determine how large or small In nee to make the elements of the pattern at that point.  
 You really can't see the sea glass color thread on the water pieces, but on the orange part of the backing you can see them well. 

These are the waves.  In the next orange photo you can see part of the squiggles that comprise the second part of the whole pattern.


I was careful to square up the backing, the quilt top and the batting.  Usually I don't. 

And you know what?  It made no difference to how the very bottom of the quilt laid toward the end of the quilting roll.  Still working on getting to that point though!





Concrete pebbles in the pool surround are looking good. 

I am sure it will be finished tomorrow and can be squared up for binding. 

I am thinking this might be an entry into the Journeys show next year.  Journey to the Olympic Gold!



3 comments:

  1. The nudes final have a clean place to swim! Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh...I guess I better get busy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you getting this done! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!