Monday, September 25, 2017

That Is What Happens When I Do Traditional Quilts

Now I have to do another one.  Frank started hinting that he wanted this quilt, and I ignored him for 3 days.  He out and out asked for it yesterday.

But it already has a destination.

My vet cousin, well one of them, has a son who entered the Naval Academy this year.  And the mother's group is doing a raffle benefiting his cadet class.  I think for their cadet party at the end of their first year.  A "You Made It!" kinda thing.

It started out as some Card Trick blocks I won somewhere along the line.  It turned into a fun disappearing 9 patch.  Did I say Frank LOVES it?

I used up all my red reds for the Improv Stripes one, so I had to dig deep for the blue reds for this one.  I was lucky that Charlene just brought me those two boxes of fabrics!

Now that Darcy Lynn and her Amazing Puppets have won America's Got Talent and no one won the American Ninja Warrior I can get back to sewing at night again.  Whew! It was a tough season for both shows.

And just to show you how far we have come in one year, this is what was happening exactly a year ago today.


 
This is my kitchen, and that piece of furniture is the Victrola that was my Grandma Graci's.  My Grandma used to listen to original records of Caruso in the living room of her double shotgun house in New Orleans.   You can see the water line on it.  I had to let it go, but I hung on to it as long as



And this is what Sawyer looked like a year ago!

See his cute little butt!



4 comments:

  1. Awwww, give it to Frank. He deserves it. You must have another quilt for the raffle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That disappearing nine patch is great. What to do about it? keep on working and hope that it comes together. On another note - I miss stories about the twins. It was funny how they passed through your life to do their part in the rebuilding. Kind of glad they are gone because it means your house is finished, kind of miss them because you never knew what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much has changed in your life in the last year. I bet your learn a lot about yourself. That is a very cool quilt. I feel your pain with the Victrola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful start to the quilt and your kitchen is coming together wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!