Saturday, October 14, 2017

Halifax Quilt Shop - Yep He Owed Me Big

Today we went to the Public Gardens and the Citadel in downtown Halifax.  But that was not the highlight of the day.

It was Franklin.  Yep, the man I love.

When we were at the Fossil Cliffs of Joggins he bought an orange hoodie with dinosaur tracks down the sleeve.  It was, I have to admit, fairly cool.

He wore it everywhere. So when it warmed up this morning he tied it to his backpack and we hiked 15,224 steps down to the Farmers Market on Pier 21.  I bought Sawyer a really cute onesie, that Carrie probably will toss when I leave the room.  At another store Frank bought salt water taffy.  At another he bought a shirt.  We were almost
At the hotel when he realized his believed jacket was gone.  

Gone.

We retraced our steps to every spot we had been. Back to the shop where he bought a tshirt.  Back to where he bought salt water taffy.  Back across the Sea Bridge.  Back to the Farmers Market.  No luck.

We again traced our steps back to the hotel.  I called the Fossil Cliffs in Joggins and ordered him another one. The lady said she remembered him!  Can you believe that?  Hmmmmm.

So I made him take me to Patch to shower me with Fat Quarter Gratitude.





6 comments:

  1. Not sure who got the better end to this deal! HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that onesie! And the fabric, too. Too bad there was no matching orange hoodie for your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well someone out there in the world is wearing Frank's lost hoodie. I am glad you were able to get him a replacement and that you scored some cute FQ's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know when you will need a sea captains head. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!