Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The New Kid On the Block

After I typed that title in I realized that it pertained to two new kids on the block.

This little devil had his first trick or treat tonight.  He was less than impressed, then refused to go to sleep..  He insisted on having everyone rock him....several times......and then passed out in my arms.  When I got up to put him in his crib, Hugeaux got up and shook his tags and we were off to the races again.


The other new kid is the Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 930 (click to see the info) with some super duper stuff like 16,000 buttons and 7,000 stitches, 42 button holes.  I am still getting into some of the things.



I did look at another machine that I wanted as well.  It was a comparable Brother Innov-is 1300. (Click to see the info)  It had a few more bells and whistles, and a couple more fonts, and an amazing sideways stitch the saleslady didn't even know about.  (Yes, it actually stitched sideways.)

What sold me on the 930 was the 11.5 inch throat and the 29  needle positions.    

I have not had much time to play with it.  But I did find I need another strut under my sewing cabinet.  There is considerable vibration when I hit the  impressive 1500 stitches a minute!






Meanwhile, here is the little devil trick or treating with his Papa.









                                              And with his momma at a neighbor's house collecting some candy from a scary killer clown.


 Happy Halloween!









4 comments:

  1. Love the grandbaby shots, he is cute as a button and very much the devilishly handsome dude. Your new baby shots are adorable too - for those of us that love sewing a new machine is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome devil! That new machine sounds like it should turn out quilts all on it's own. Looking forward to seeing some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sawyer looks so cute all dressed up! I see that your new machine has a light underneath between the needle and the control panel. That's a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! As is your grand baby! HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!