Monday, November 27, 2017

The Compulsive List Maker

I told PattyA that I was great at meeting goals.  I really am.  In fact lists are even  better.  I love making lists.  I am that person who makes lists of her lists!

I generally have a spiral notebook of college ruled lines containing pages and pages and pages of lists of things I need to do.  I think it is more to help contain the scattered nature of my mind.  If I am going to get anything accomplished I need to have that list of things to do.

I have tried to keep those lists on the phone or on my iPad but I always fall back to my pen and paper notebooks.  Which is funny because I make beautiful notebook covers and look at my notebook:

I guess I need to add to my list:  Make a notebook cover for my notebook of lists!


And I will till you this secret........I love crossing things off lists.  So if I do something that is not on my list, I will add it later just so I can cross it off!
Not his best look.....

I am off to make my list for today and my list for the week.

Must Do:

1.  I have the Cox Cable Guy coming tomorrow.  Every morning at around 3 AM my cable suddenly becomes unable to connect with the server boxes and my internet is running stunningly slow for the last month.  I finally got tired of doing the 3 AM Modem Reset and called them, yep, 3 AM.  And they answered!

2.  There is a Maker's Market at the Club this Wednesday.  I have not been to it before but it sounds like something i may want to join in on next year.  Maybe I will make notebook covers.

3.  I have an appt with the spine doc on Thursday.  They keep calling me and moving it further out.  I wonder whether I will make it this time?

We had coffee around the patio fire
4.  Grocery - I need fruit.  I  have lost about 16 lbs in the last month with these meals, but I go through fruit like there is no tomorrow.  I don't get hungry, but I still have the intense desire to eat.  So I am diverting to fruit rather than snacks, cheetos, crackers and peanut butter,

 Want To Do:

1.  Make an Countdown Calendar to Christmas for the kid.  I saw where one of the Cool Julies (Click here)  made one for her grandson and I have been thinking about that ever since.  I broached the subject with Carrie and she seems amenable.  

2.  Set up OMG - goals for the December.  I  am  assuming that it will still happen in December, that Patty won't take a break and want to rest up from all this goal completing.

3.  Get a couple of quilt tops quilted and a couple of quilted tops bound.

4.  Doorways piece for Fiber Group.

5.  Set up a dinner party with some friends before Christmas.  Now I am into the entertaining mode!  Wanna come?







5 comments:

  1. I am a list maker too and I have been know to add something to my list just so I can cross it off too! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfectly acceptable to add a task to an existing list. Completing a do-list is a job. Some people have two jobs and call their second one a side hustle. That task you added? That was your side hustle to the existing job list!! See? Perfectly acceptable! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the crossing off part. I do that at work with sticky notes. Have Tham all over with to do'so and the satisfaction of ripping that sucker off its perch and throwing it away is the best.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!