Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Smalls

Littles.

I made Littles!   These are about half the size of all the others.

They are obviously sisters.  Similar but different.  Because little sisters don’t always want to be like their older sis.  

So I am caught up.......for today.  It seems Lynne has hired an agent.........Julie has “suggested” I make love birds.    Like Tonya Harding “suggested” Nancy Kerrigan  not skate anymore......

While I was making the sisters, I decided to invent an altogether new technique.  I used the stripes to make tiny legs.  But on the second one I had three legs showing.  Definitely a new technique.

I spent the day power washing the outside of the CAAWS Shelter Building.  All by myself.  I was cold. I was wet.  I was dirty. My nozzle hand was killing me. My arms were shaking from the effort.  And my bulging disk had started to hurt.  But the homeless lady we give dog food to when we get donations didn’t show up.  And we had already rented the machine.  I came home, took ibuprofen and whiskey and got a shower.  I am somewhat better.  Think of all the calories I burned doing that powerwashing!

We put up Christmas lights yesterday but he couldn’t find the extension cord until tonight.

We have a problem because sometimes we know we own something, but we probably lost it in the flood.  So many people were taking things out and tossing it on that huge pile, we didn’t always see everything we lost.  

Funny thing is, you may think it is gone, but in your mind you can still see it where it should be.  So your mind plays tricks.  




3 comments:

  1. That is a nifty trick to make legs! I have piece of black and white stripe that the stripes are a bit thicker. I will send you a piece and maybe you can use it for the bigger birds. Your little birds are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting The CAAWS building power washed. I love your 2 bird and methodology. And I sympathize with the knowing you have something, where it should be and then looking and it is not there. The just wait kicks in and the frozen in possibilities until you stumble over it. I didn't have a flood, just a husband who moves things to where they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sister birds on pink -- you are on such a roll!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!