So there was a near fatal accident in the quilt room today.
I was vacuuming so I could mop up after the love birds made such a mess on the floor.
The vacuum blew a couple of birds off the design wall, and before I could do anything.....gobbled up the batik bird. Surgery was required. I had to replace a corner of the HSTs.
For a while I worked on putting my birds together, but I took a bit of a detour. I remembered that Judy was going to choose a number from a list of 12 we prepared in December. I must have missed that totally.
She chose number 10 - my Zig Zag quilt. It needs to have a back made and get quilted.
The blocks were made at a retreat a couple of years ago. From Sujata Shah's book Cultural Fusion Quilts. One of my favorite books.
I pulled some short lengths of fabric to make a pieced back. Even though the fabrics are more traditional, it looks like a modern backing.
This is where I am with the birds right now. I have put together three sections. Of course, not making the birds all the same equal sizes, I am having to create piecing maps and get very creative about getting them together.
I am adding white spacers where I need them. I hope this will make it large enough just to need a small white border around the whole thing.
Frank watched the new X-Files while i watched the Aurora Borealis in Iceland.
That is where we will be on this year's vacation!