Monday, January 22, 2018

Quilting/Photo Questions

Before the flood.......that seems to be something I say a lot.

Before the flood I was introduced to a website run by a woman who offers classes in Photoshop/Paintshop geared toward quilters.

I cannot remember the name of the site, and I can't find it by searching what bits my memory contains.

Anybody remember?  Anybody taken the classes?  I think it was Judy who told me about it.  I need to call her. 

Of course, all that information was in the external drive that no longer exists.

I have decided to get the Corel Paintshop to use as my photo editor.  I can store them on my iCloud drive.  I used to edit my photos with PhotoShop and liked it.  But all those disks are gone now.

Carrie sent Andrew over with some miracle pills.  Within two hours, my head had cleared a bit and my chest didn't feel so tight.  I decided I might not die for the moment. We shall see.

On another thought.  I was bad.  On my birthday I ordered some African fabrics on sale.  I love the African fabrics.  I have some Dutch Wax Prints somewhere around here that will blend fabulously with these new kids on the block

So as I was watching RuPaul's Drag Race showcase the new Queens for the season, I opened my box.
I put that on so Frank would leave the room and I could bring it out, sort of under the radar.  Not that I can't afford the fabrics, but really, do I NEED more?

So here are the damning photos...........

 


Orange and black and GOLD!


I was thinking foundations for barns or buildings, or something.  There is a couple of barn quilts still in the thought process.  Look at those little rocks!


 This looked so modern and needed to come live with me.


I bought this for Frank.  He has my gorgeous South Seas Irish Chain quilt that has  a parrot fabric on the back.  He always puts the back showing on his bed, rather then the front that has all the work in it.

I have a Birds of the World quilt and this would make a pretty cool back for it.


This is a large print.  I can see it cut up into some really interesting wedge shapes for Kathy Doughty's quilts.

I need to try not to get attached to these, so I can use them in a quilt.

Does that happen to you?

Oh my, squiggles!  Yellow, red and black with a splash of white.  My favorite combination.

Wedges....... do you think?



OK, I have no idea how this got in there!

I guess flamingos just want to have fun!




5 comments:

  1. Of course flamingo's just want to have fun! Don't we all! Really like some of those fabrics! NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the squiggles! Did you order all this fabric during birthday week? That makes it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric! Where did you get those? I have quite a pile of African fabrics that I have not used in awhile. I might have to get them out and see what I have forgotten that is in the piles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI There! I was very intrigued by the idea of photoshop for quilters . . .and since everyone "googles" a bit differently, I thought I would share what I found: pixeladies and jennifer repack. The african fabrics are very interesting - oddly I was reading another article about shweshwe fabric tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!