Thursday, February 1, 2018

Squares or Rounds?

I had to make a trip to the comic book store for some backer boards to put all this new fabric into the existing stash.  I won't tell you how many of the hundred or so backer boards I used.......yes, I still have some left over, thank you.

So to use up some of the fabric, I hit upon a great idea.  I have some orphan blocks that needed a home.  So I put together two quilts and used up 10 orphans and another one using a kit from the fabric haul. 




Here is the flannel quilt on the frame. 


I just quilted a quick meander so I was able to finish two quilts totally (even to the binding all done).  And one that I need to put on the frame tomorrow. 



This one is a set of strings that languished in the quilt room for several years.  they are made on a base of the old curtains from my bedroom. 

I think I changed those curtains out maybe 15 years ago..... ....


The block in this one is the center.  I was part of the second or third 100 Blocks Magazine with this block.  The first round is the dark blue.  I just grabbed any fabrics and put them together, round after round.

I wonder why they call them rounds when they are obviously square............

2 comments:

  1. Nice job using up those odds and ends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. been planning on using my strips for a strip quilt , so many just hanging around messing up my quilting room

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!