Thursday, March 29, 2018

Birds, Bobbins and Birdbrains

I have a half an hour before I have to leave for my big Performance Test.

Figured I needed to get the Birds on the frame yesterday.  Took me forever! 

I got the backing on and it just wasn't sitting right.  No matter what I did it kinked.

So I took a blue marker and made some lines where it was off and took it to the machine to do some take up sewing. 

Ah, tres bien!  Don't you hate that?  You think you get the back all worked out straight and then it doesn't work out?  It really makes it worthwhile though, when you spend the extra time making it work out.

And I am one of those people who hate those details.  I generally let the "quilter" make it work out!  LOL.









Then I debated on what color I needed to make the back thread.   I chose a yellow poly I have worked with before and have a love/hate relationship with.  I liked the yellow, and the sheen, and the fact that I only had 4 free bobbins. 

Does your bobbin case look like this?

So what do you do with all your leftover bobbins?  Do you just buy more empty bobbins?  Do you take off the leftover thread and dump it?  Do you just keep them like this? 

I have a lot of that teal blue because I ran bobbins then changed my mind about the color I wanted on the back of the quilt somewhere in time.



Like this one.  After I got the first bird quilted, the block had a yellow cast to it, and I wanted it to be white.  Maybe it was my imagination.  Maybe it was real........but I spent half of My 600 Lb Life ripping it out!

Soooooooooooo

And I took all the thread off the 4  bobbins I ran and refilled them with white cotton. 

I will re-do the block with white thread today and see if it still looks YELLOW to me and see if I just need new eyes.




 This is the basil that was so tiny when I planted it!  Growing like a weed!  I pulled some leaves and  brought them to my PT people yesterday.  The chalk seems to be hanging in there with the rains and sun beating on it.  Kudos to PATTY!


DiNozzo.......says, he is NOT the dog eating the lettuce on the lower level of the herb garden. 

But he did ask for me to plant some tomatoes this year......

3 comments:

  1. Omg that phrase...half of my 600 pound life...lol. I know that show but for those that don’t. Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where there's a will, there's a way! And you figured it out! Quilt is cool!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my psrtial bobbins for practice or I empty the least likely to be used soon ones when I need another spare. Looking forward to watching these birds fly!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!