Monday, March 5, 2018

My Next Non-Essential Quilt

Suzette aka Swooze, made the mistake of showing me this quilt by sending me a link to a photo online.

Then I was playing in Pinterest one day and found the same quilt.  Wow!  Like deja vu!

Then I found it in a magazine.   I already had this
magazine in my house.  So I randomly picked it up one night just to look through it while I was bored and I came across the one in the same. So is a fact that the universe is telling me to make this quilt!  And when the universe tells you to make a quilt, by golly, you get your astral butt in gear and make a quilt!







I already had the 5 inch squares cut out.  Now if that wasn’t the universe telling me yet AGAIN to make this quilt,  I don’t know what is.

And I have a shelf full of whites to make the background. So all the stars in MY universe have lined up.  And I am making another quilt.

Maybe the name for this quilt should be

Imploding Universe........

I have to admit something.

I made another boxy pouch.  But I didn't use Patty's tutorial.  I used another one that said it was so easy it blew all the other ones away.  It didn't.  I got so discouraged with it that I tossed it into the garbage can last night. 

This morning I took it out and tried to salvage it.

I actually just needed to take out one seam and it worked just fine. 

I would still make Patty's if you want to make one though.

I did have one oops that was strictly operator error.

It is not going anywhere so this is fine for me.

2 comments:

  1. I like the looks of that quilt. It will be very pretty in those batiks. I had thought about putting a tab at the one end of my boxy pouches, but was in too much of a hurry to bother. What was the difference between the easiest way to make a boxy pouch and mine? I thought my way was pretty easy, but I am open to learn an easier way. I am glad you were able to fix your oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man I thought you’d name it “astral butt”!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!