Thursday, March 1, 2018

Number 8, Please Step Forward!

Judy at Patchwork Times has pulled number 8 for the next UFO to work on.

And I will use this and the Asterisk quilt for REME Guild as my One Monthly Goal for March.  I can't figure out what color to make the center.  If this continues, it will be plain blank.

I am pleased to introduce to you (drumroll please)

 Nummmmmm - berrrrrrrrr 8...........


The Bird Quilt! It is my new favorite thing in the world!  (get it??)

It has several names,  and I guess now I really should figure out what to finally call it, for once and for all.

The Daily Bird - because every day in December I made a new bird and there are 31 of them in the quilt.









 Bird Is The Word - If you remember, every bird had his (or her) own story.  It was sometimes a color story or it could be a person story.  Or just some crazy imaginings in my head.

And if you are my age, you might remember this ditty:

The Bird is the Word     oh, you gotta watch this to the end!
Frank  used to imitate this guy all the time.  Must have been in his manic episodes!  



But if you are younger, you might remember this one, and think it was written for this episode of the Family Guy:

bird is the word 



or this one......  bird is the word

OMG.......now the stupid thing in in my head forever.

Definitely found the name, huh?   Now to find the quilting design.  Lynne, how did you quilt yours?








4 comments:

  1. It will be good to get the bird quilt done. It is such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since I quilt by check (LOL) I did not quilt my bird quilts. Both were "custom" quilted and they were free motion all over. Chris did the Flight of Fancy with all kinds of gorgeous irregular free motion feathers. Janet Lee quilted the Colorado quilt with free motion swirls and then did custom work on the barn. My advice to you? When you go over the top, keep going!

    hugs and good luck
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite also, the birds made me laugh with all the name and personality. You should write them down somewhere. Feathers, have to do feathers on a bird quilt. Not all over unless you areally brave but somewhere on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!