Thursday, March 29, 2018

Quilting the Birds

Ok, so I wussed out.

As much as I want do custom work in each bird block and all around the borders, it would sit for years before I would have time.

I decided to go with a panto on the birds.  I chose SoHo from Urban Elementz so I could get it done.  I kept thinking about having 31 birds, and how many I had to do each day.    And it was getting overwhelming.  My life is so hectic right now as it is, I don't want to add more to it.  I would just go mad insane and run screaming into the woods or something.

So I chose the panto.  It kinda looks birdlike even. 

Even that didn't go down easily. 

I got the panto all lined up and everything and did the first motif.  Man, that sucker looked yellow.  I forgot to take out that yellow bobbin!  Rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip, rip.  Bobbin change!

Then I had tension issues.  But I got them resolved.

Then the dogs wanted out.  Got that resolved.

Then the computer went out and Frank had a report to send out.  And when he was on the phone with Cox   ........   he couldn't figure out what was the modem and what wasn't.

Got that figured out.  They are now appropriately labeled in large print with color coded labels.

Then the dogs wanted out again.  How did they get in again?

Then I got confused on which way I was going on the panto and went backwards......geez, rip, rip, rip, et, al. 

So I just stopped and let the dogs out again  and made dinner.

Tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The constant interruptions! Sometimes you have to just throw in the towel and try again which sounds like what you had to do. That is a good looking panto and will look good on the bird quilt. Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound typical! Love the panto andvthe quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a perfect panto for your quilt! Good that you quit while you were ahead, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that pants. What’s the name of it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun panto -- I understand the stress between wanting to go custom and being realistic. I tend to land on the realistic side almost every time. Here's to another day with fewer frustrations.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!