Monday, April 30, 2018

Damn Bees


I got the wild idea to make bees.

They are so cute though.  Well worth the 45 minutes it took me to find the free pattern on the Internet.  Then to figure out how to print it.

Then, to decide what fabrics to use.  The background had to be just right, white, grey, green.   Grey, of course,

I got all the tiny bee pieces made and I was trimming them up.  One of the tiny wing got stuck to another tiny wing piece.

OH NO!

It got sliced.

Now I had FIVE wings rather than the six I needed to make bees.  And you know I am lazy, which is how I became a modern quilter.  So I toyed with various layouts that made one bee fly into a border so you couldn’t see one wing.  Or made the bee fly into the center of the piece so you couldn’t see the wing.

Nothing looked anything right.  So I made another wing.

Damn bees.

They are cute, though.

And.......


Well,  the wing was not the only thing that got sliced.



5 comments:

  1. Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Bee-n there, sliced that. Not happy-making. The Bees though are adordable! Worth a sacrificial finger.... ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bees. Keep your fingers out of the honey pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bees are so fun, but slicing you finger is not fun. Hope the finger doesn't slow you down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you had fun even with extra bee wings and an owie. Just keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those bees--and just think of all the pollinating they will do this summer in the garden!!!
    enjoy, di
    If the finger gets really sore--put some honey on it for about 10 minutes or so and then wash it off--or add a drop or two to the bandaid--it will take the 'sting' out and heal the finger---no joke!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!