Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Momma’s Day to All

I feel like I dropped out of life for a while......I had some issues with back and neck pain.  That is so hard to deal with.  Intrinsic in everything you do, every move you make; it is difficult to diagnose and get rid of.  I can’t say I feel great, but I feel better.

And I have the Iceland/Loch ness/StoneHenge trip coming up so I want to be able to hike and backpack around for those weeks as well.  I can’t wait for Sawyer to grow up and help his Grandma with her hiking gear!  Although the way that boy eats, we will have to double our luggage weight just with food!

Happy Mother’s Day to all whether you are a mom to a two or four footed creature.  My own mother refused to ever wish me a Happy Mother’s Day  saying I was not her mother.   But I have always felt it was a day to celebrate ALL mothers, whoever they mothered.  So I always make sure Carrie knows I think she is a wonderful mother to that baby.

McGee and Chloe
For 13 years I was mother to dogs and kitties before I was mother to Carrie and now Grandmother to Sawyer.  Being a mother is through a relationship as well as through blood.  My mother’s mother was adamant that my mother never call another woman “mother”.  I can understand that.  That is a bond that is a special one between a parent and a child.  I have a dear friend who recently lost her daughter, she is much in my thoughts today. 

We had a brunch with Carrie and Sawyer yesterday morning at Another Broken Egg where they serve exotic things like Lemon Basil Blueberry Goat Cheese Pancakes.  Talk about wonderful!  I could eat off that menu every morning and gain all those pounds back!

Pounds?  I tried on some shorts this morning, size 12.  I was shocked.  I knew I had been not always eating like ai shoule, but with frank talking about retirement, I guess I need to start working on my willpower.  He is always eating and stays thin. 

Because I didn’t know what was causing the neck/shoulder/back pain I haven’t been working out as much.  So next week I am hoping to burn some major calories every day again.

It seems those last 10 pounds are always my nemesis!!!





I will be spending my day finishing up the 9 bees to put on the borders for the baby quilt for Maddie's new baby!  Next year she will be celebrating Mother's Day herself!









4 comments:

  1. Hope your day whatever you choose to call it is wonderful. Those around your life who have influences sometimes like a mother deserve recognition. I have had a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I am so sorry you are hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy mothers day! Iceland sounds beautiful but I hear you have to watch out for some of the food. Skata (rotten skate fish) and fermented shark. Yum . You will lose that last 10 pounds easy there - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to you and Carrie. Sorry to hear about your back and neck pain. I have been a bit sore this past week from having to lift that fence and the rock work I am doing in the yard, but I feel better myself today. I hope your pains go away in time for your big trip.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from friends! Thanks for leaving a message!